WILD WAVES - EXCERPT CHAPTER 9

          He walked over to the bed, sat down gently and kissed her awake. “I think I’m keeping you up too late,” Thomas said taking her hand in his. “I think I’ll put you to bed nice and early tonight so you can catch up on your sleep.”
          “You’ll take me to bed tonight,” she informed him. “But there won’t be much sleeping going on.”
          Thomas chuckled and kissed her hand. “You always get what you want don’t you?"
          “Yep.”
          “Well tonight I’m in charge. But once again you’ll get everything you want. Do you trust me?”
          Vanessa sat up in the bed and looked into his eyes. “With my life,” she whispered.
          He smiled, then kissed her. “Tonight, at least once, we’re going to take it slow - excruciatingly slow. I’m going to love you so thoroughly you’ll never forget me,” he whispered in her ear.
          A shiver of anticipation tore through her. “Promise,” she whispered, unable to speak any louder.
          “Definitely,” he smiled. “My name will be the only one you will ever call out again.”
**********
           Her reverie was interrupted by the ring tone on her phone. Without disturbing Thomas, she reached over and bought the device in front of her. She opened her eyes and hit view on the picture message from her dad.
           “I hate to admit it, but your mom was dead on with you and Tommy. Do you see that look on his face? It’s like he cherishes you more than life itself. Hope you are happy now. Love you baby girl.”

           She scrolled down to look at the picture her dad had sent. It was of her and Tommy, just minutes before in the hot tub. He was holding her, resting his chin on top of her head. The look on his face was indescribable. She saw crazed fear, sincere hope, unending comfort, burning passion and the deepest, most unending love. She had never seen anything like it before and it took her breath away. But she knew it meant that he loved her. That at the moment the picture was snapped, she was his whole universe.
          Tears stung her eyes. No one had ever loved her like that. She just knew it felt good to be cherished.

No comments:

Post a Comment