WILD WAVES EXCERPT - CHAPTER 10 (FINAL EXCERPT)

         This will be the final excerpt from Wild Waves!!! The novel will be released on November 2, 2013 and I hope you will pick up a copy!  You can also head on over to facebook and join our release party event!  The support would be much appreciated. https://www.facebook.com/events/237890906334955/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

          “Can we sit for a bit?” he asked when they were near the Russian Orthodox Church that Vanessa had been dying to see.
          “Sure, is it your hip?” she asked, concerned. She’d noticed his limp was really bad.
          “Yeah,” he sighed. “I feel so broken right now. There is no way in hell I deserve someone as wonderful as you. How the hell are we going to make it Vanessa?”
           “We’ll make it Tommy because we love each other.” She had to make him believe that to get over this bad spot he was going through.
            “Maybe,” he whispered.
            “For sure!” she empathized. “Chris and I agree, you are just having a hard time reconciling how you had thought life would be, with how great it’s going to be. You’ll be fine Tommy. We’ll be fine.”
             “You talked to Chris?” he seethed.
             Vanessa sighed. “Yeah, I was worried about you.”
             “Damn it Vanessa. I can take care of myself. I don’t need you running to my brother to figure out how to take care of your new burden.”
             “Tommy don’t,” she begged. Things were going downhill and she didn’t like it one bit.
             “Shut up. Just shut up and listen to me Vanessa. You need to face the fact that deep down inside you don’t know how to handle the scarred up, crippled freak. And you don’t even realize that you don’t want to be stuck with me. You need to wake up and face the truth.”
              “What are you talking about? I never said that!” There he went putting words in her mouth, again.
              “Yeah, but by going to Chris behind my back, you’ve implied it. You should have just come to me.”
              “I’m sorry, Tommy,” she whispered. “I just didn’t think…”
              “No, you didn’t. You’re still the same impulsive, selfish little girl you always were.”
              “What? What the hell do you mean by that? You’re way off base!”
              “You know what, just forget it all. You don’t want a broken, half crazed, half a man anyway.” He walked away without another word. Vanessa chased after him but he wouldn’t stop. She stood at the dock and watched as he climbed aboard a return tender without as much as a look back in her direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment