WILD WAVES - EXCERPT CHAPTER 8

        I finished initial edits on Wild Waves - The last three excerpts including this one don't include those edits.  Just a reminder that these are very rough and are meant to give you an idea as to plotline.  I really hope you enjoy these.  I hope to have two more up in the next couple of days and that will be it for this book!  Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from all of you! 

          “Most men would have lost faith in Vanessa with the way she treated you.”
          “Not possible man. I love her too much.” Sometimes he'd thought he was losing faith, but he somehow never totally did.
          “You mean you were obsessed?” Jackson teased.
          “For a while, I probably was,” Thomas admitted. “But then…” He had recently realized how important it was to pursue what you wanted. Life was too short, he'd learned that the hard way.
           “But then you screwed her and became soul mates,” Jackson deadpanned.
           “Do you have to be so crude, Jack?”
           “Oh sorry my friend. But then you made love, quickly, on the spur of the moment, in a pool house and became soul mates.”
           “Jack, I’m going to kick your ass,” Thomas threatened as he took off after his best friend.
          “No you won’t,” he called back, running full boar for the safety of town. “Vanessa wouldn’t like it if you hurt her one and only big brother.” At least he hoped that would be the case.
          “Hell dude, she’d probably help me!” Thomas yelled after his friend.
           When Sam caught up with them they were dancing around each other seeing who would get the advantage. Jack suddenly broke right but Thomas was too quick for him, still a jackrabbit. They wrestled each other to the ground until Paulson had him pinned. “Want me to call Vanessa?”
          “No, just get off of me man, you weigh a ton.” He never remembered his best friend being that heavy.
          “Now you’re calling me fat,” Thomas cried, faking tears.
          Jackson tried to chuckle, then pushed his friend hard. "Seriously man, I can’t breathe.”
          Thomas laughed as he let him go.“You’re getting soft in your old age."
          “No, you just got huge!”
          “Now you’re calling me fat again,” Thomas smirked. “I’m gonna tell your mommy that you keep being rude.”
          “Are you two always like this?” Sam asked with a chuckle.
          “Yeah, pretty much,” they answered in unison, smiles coloring their faces. Always had been, always would be.
          “You seem more like brothers than some real brother’s I’ve met.”
          “Thomas is the sixth Mannon child. Always has been always will be.”
          “I was an only child. Seeing this large family dynamic is fascinating,” Sam told them.
          “Don’t worry, soon enough, if Abby has her way, you’ll be a part of this large family dynamic and it won’t be quite so fascinating anymore,” Jack laughed.
          “Yeah, once the Mannon's entice you in, you can’t escape.” Thomas warned. He’d stopped trying a long time ago. He didn’t want it to be any other way.
          “Hopefully I won’t want to escape,” Sam replied with a grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment