THE BIZARRE WORLD OF LIFE MEETING BOOK OR VICE VERSA

People have finally started to put two and two together (or five and five) and realize that I have five kids and there are five kids in my Sunset Destiny Romance series. Four girls and one boy in each family.  Hmmmm, did my real life family influence my writing in this case.

NOPE!!! I first came up with the concept of the family with a matchmaking mother and a cruise to Alaska in 2004/2005. At that time I had only two kids a nine/ten year old and a six/seven year old. Kids three, four, and five didn't come along until 2006, 2007 and 2011.

So that means I wrote about a family with five kids with girl, girl, girl, boy, girl order. Guess what order my kids were born in - Yep, girl, girl, girl, boy, girl.  Umm, can you say bizarre?  I can! I think it is the weirdest thing ever and believe it or not I didn't put two and two (five and five) together until I was about a month away from publishing book one, Virgin Voyage. Yeah, sometimes I'm slow!

So my kids like to say that Gwen is Abigail ( I hope one of my kids doesn't have to go through what she did!) Bella is Mari (She doesn't ever want to get married and doesn't have a male BFF she has fallen in love with), Olivia is Olivia (Yeah very well could be, they are both strong and stubborn and like to have things their own way - and no we didn't plan the name thing!) Trenton is Jackson (Could be, he is a funny kid, or thinks he is, haha. I just hope he doesn't lose his true love at 16) and Lily is Vanessa (Umm, I kinda hope not because Vanessa is a bit of a wild child)  In any case, I love all ten of them. I didn't plan it that way but my book merged with my real life which is kinda cool...and freaky too!

Now the question I (and my husband) have is this. Did my love of this book make me so fertile (All of my kids, accidents or not, were one shot wonders). Yeah, doesn't sound plausible. But truthfully you never know. Maybe a happy JJ is a fertile JJ? I was very happy when I created this story concept and I thought of it often before continuing to write it in 2012/13 ;)  Do a lot of books imitate your life or does your life imitate a lot books???  I will probably ask that question until my dying day!

I also took part in an interview about the self publishing world and would love it if you could check it out. Show my mommy blogger/writer friend some love! http://www.lifehappensthenwrite.com/2013/10/where-moms-go-to-publish-interview-with.html

No comments:

Post a Comment