WILD WAVES - EXCERPT CHAPTER 7

            The first thing Vanessa saw as they approached the train was Thomas. He stood next to Jackson with a way too serious look on his face. A feeling of unease slipped over her. Maybe their argument had been more serious than she thought.
            Putting a smile on her face she practically skipped over to them and kissed him square on the mouth. “How are you today?”
            Thomas looked at her, shrugged, and walked away. When Vanessa turned to her brother he just smirked and held his hands in the air as if to say ‘Don’t ask me’.
            It looked like she was going to have to bring on the major flirting to bring her stubborn man around. How could he still be so upset? She’d told him they would find him work in more of a general sense, not meaning that she would be taking over his job hunt. But maybe he didn’t want her that involved in his life yet? Or maybe he'd changed his mind about being with her. Hell, he probably only wanted to have a good time and she'd fallen for his love talk - hook, line and sinker. Vanessa sighed heavily. They needed to talk as soon as possible.
            As the train rumbled through town, she slipped out of her seat next to her mother and Eleanor Blake, and into the one next to Thomas. “Hey, still mad at me huh?” she asked quietly.
            “I don’t know,” he mumbled, looking out the window.
            “Tommy talk to me. What’s wrong?”
He let out a long, loud sigh and turned to look at her. “Why can’t you, or anyone else for that matter, ever trust me to make the right decisions or even to make any of my own decisions. I’m always being second guessed or left out altogether. Nobody even trusts me to handle the truth in situations.”
             "I trust you. I grew up with you, I know how smart and how capable you are.”
             “Is that why you didn’t trust me enough to tell me what you did to our child?” he seethed, looking out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment