THE DAYS WHEN I HATE WRITING

This is one of those rare days when I really don't want to write at all.  I just finished a chapter that I thought was going to be awful and it turns out that I actually really LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Then I start on the next chapter and I just can't concentrate. The baby is fussy and I would rather snuggle her.  She will be 2 soon which means she's not going to want to snuggle much longer (most likely) so I get in the time when I can.

I need to write. I need to have the book ready for final editing by the time my kids have a five day weekend next week so they can help me but it just isn't going to happen.  I still have six or seven more chapters to rewrite/edit.  I crave the work, but I just couldn't tonight.  I had to take a break for the evening. I did not work from eight pm on.

Why did I not want to work today?  Well it wasn't just the fussy baby or the high/low of coming off a fabulous chapter.  It was a mix of many things. I finally didn't have to drive the husband to work everyday so I was thrilled but then I found out that a friend suffered a devastating loss{I love you sweetie!} and then my car broke down so we are back to the one car thing.  Then I found out that we have a huge storm coming and I'm not quite ready for it. Oh and lets not forget that I don't have a comfortable place to work. I don't have a desk right now and can't get one. I can't sit at the table because of my bad hips so that leaves the very uncomfortable couch where I can't spread out and work the way I like to.  Now some of these things are actually stupid reasons to be upset (and a couple aren't) but when you add them all up it comes out to be a 'not wanting to write a word for the book' kind of night for me. I needed a break!

Will tomorrow be any better?  I sure hope so. I hope to finish the chapter I am on and at least half of the next one. If for some reason I can't, I think I will have to do the self diagnosis of writers block.  Because then it will be more than just not wanting to write it will be not being able to write.

I hate days like this.  They really mess up how my brain works. But I really am grateful for the novel I am working on and I will love it again soon.

Until next time...Just go with the flow and if that little voice inside you tells you to take a break, DO IT. Don't stress yourself out or you will just make things worse. <3

DON'T FORGET TO VISIT MY BUY PAGE AT THE TOP OR CLICK ON THE FIRST LINK IN THE LEFT HAND COLUMN TO GET YOUR COPY OF VIRGIN VOYAGE OR ALASKAN AMBUSH TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment