EXCERPT CHAPTER - 9


     Mari ordered for Graham and herself and by the time the first appetizer arrived, he still hadn't joined them. She was most of the way done with her salad when she felt a strong hand squeeze her shoulder.
     “Sorry I’m late everybody!” Graham took his seat between his wife and daughter, and lifted his soup spoon. “What’s this?” he asked looking at the appetizer. The spoon went right back on the table and he looked at it curiously.
     “Cold Raspberry soup.” Mari answered. “What’s wrong, does it smell bad? I thought raspberries were your favorite.”
     “They are. It’s just, well, it’s just that the smell of it kind of sent a strange jolt through me and all  I want to do is kiss you now. Why on earth would that happen?” he whispered.
     Mari laughed and grabbed his arm to pull him closer. “I use raspberry scented beauty products, maybe the soup reminded you of me,” she whispered.
     “Oh God, you’re right,” Graham groaned. Mari swore she saw him blushing.
     After a moment of looking at each other and contemplating the meaning of what had just happened, they both laughed.
     Graham pushed the soup aside with a decision to wait for the next course. “If I want to eat something that smells like raspberries, I’ll eat you all up later,” he whispered in her ear. Mari dropped her fork with a loud clank.
     “Please tell me we aren’t having raspberries with the entree too,” he joked.
     “No,” she answered as the waiters set their plates in front of them,. "but maybe you can have some for dessert."

DON'T FORGET TO VISIT MY BUY PAGE AT THE TOP OR CLICK ON THE FIRST LINK IN THE LEFT HAND COLUMN TO GET YOUR COPY OF VIRGIN VOYAGE OR ALASKAN AMBUSH TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment