EXCERPT CHAPTER 9 - THE HEART OF ALASKA

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

The subject matter at the end of this excerpt is something that may offend some so just please beware as you are reading. Thank you

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Fran asked after their friends left.
"About your health problems," he sighed. "Have you ever thought that maybe…"
"I think I could be pregnant," she burst out.
"Yeah, that's what Charli suggested," he said, walking over to sit next to her on the couch. "There was that one night."
"Yeah," Fran whispered, her voice shaky.
"You're not saying anything, Buttercup. What are you feeling, what are you thinking?"
"I'm scared," she said, finally turning to look at him. "I'm happy, excited, and I’m still worried that it just might be cancer."
"I guess we’re feeling the same way," he said, taking her into his arms.
Fran cried as he stroked her hair. "It’ll be okay, baby. We can handle anything this bitch called life throws at us. And if you are pregnant, that gives me two reasons come home."
Fran cried in his arms until no more tears would come. "I love you, Jack," she murmured. "You are my strength."
"Oh no, you are the strong one, Buttercup. I just follow your lead. Promise me you'll always know that I love you."
"I promise," she whispered, caressing his cheek. "Make love to me, Jack, please?"
"I don't think that's a good idea baby, we don't know what's going on with you. Maybe we should wait until you talk to the doctor."
Francesca sighed. "You’re probably right. I'll be right back. I need to freshen up."
Jackson busied himself moving the beds together and was sitting with his back against the headboard when Fran came out of the bathroom.
"Hey Marine," she commanded walking over to the bed.
"Yes ma'am," he said looking up at her.
"You have orders to invade the rear territory,” she exclaimed as she waved a bottle of baby oil in the air.
"Ma'am, yes ma'am!" he enthused with a big smile as he pulled her down onto the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment