EXCERPT CHAPTER 8 - THE HEART OF ALASKA

As they began dancing, Charli looked into Ethan's eyes. "So, what you said back there Mr. Mannon, was that a proposal?" He seemed to actually be following through with his promise.
"Well, I'm not quite sure. I wanted to see if it fit, and I think it just might. What do you think?"
"It has definite possibilities," she said with a warm smile. “But I need to know you really mean it and that you truly do love me.”
"I'll keep that in mind, my Princess," he whispered and gently kissed her cheek.
Charlie sighed and relaxed into his arms, her head resting on his chest. "I hear your heart beating," she whispered.
"If you hear it skip a beat, don't worry. It's just because I'm holding you."
Charli smiled and pulled him into a kiss as his hand wandered down to rub the spot just below the small of her back. A shudder wracked her body and a warmth spread through her.
"You like it when I touch you there," he whispered in her ear.  “I can tell.”
"You could say that," she murmured as she pressed back against his hand. The pulsing between her legs drove her mad.
 "Jesus, you make me crazy," he moaned. "You remember when I said I think I love you?"
"Yeah?" she whispered.
"I love you. No questions about it."
Charli reached up, her hand caressing his cheek. "I love you too."
Ethan's heart pounded in his chest. "Did you just say you love me?"

"I did, now shut up and kiss me."

**********

Charli was pondering what Fran had just told her and didn't notice the door opening. Jackson was dumbstruck at the sight before him. There was his fiancĂ©’s roommate in nothing but sexy underwear.  After bending and picking up her dress, she turned to see Jackson backing out of the room, trying but not quite succeeding in averting his eyes.
"Fran, we have a visitor," she called out. "I think he might need some attention."
"Is Jack here?" she asked as she emerged from the bathroom. "Oh my goodness, did he see you looking like that?"
"Um yeah, and bent over too," Charli giggled as she quickly slipped her dress on. "I guess my get up works, poor boy couldn't even speak."
There was a knock at the door and Jack called out to ask if everyone was decent.
"Come on in, Jack," Charli responded. "I'm all covered now."
"Hi ladies, how is everyone? About ready to go?" he asked avoiding eye contact with Charlotte.
"Do we look ready?" Fran replied with a glare. “I still haven't showered, it’s kind of hard when we keep getting interrupted."
"Sort of like Jack right now," Charli said matter-of-factly. "He looks like he hasn't showered either. I'm going across the hall." She grabbed her makeup bag and walked out, making it a point to slap his butt as she walked by.
"Come on Marine, let’s shower together. I'm horny now too. Sweet Charlotte is delectable.”
“Yeah,” Jack agreed breathlessly. “That cowboy doesn’t stand a chance.”

No comments:

Post a Comment