EXCERPT CHAPTER 7 - THE HEART OF ALASKA

Jackson and Ethan dropped their girlfriends off near the shops they wanted to go to and everyone agreed to meet at a nearby restaurant two hours later.
"Hey Corporal," Fran said as she leaned in the driver side window. "I know your plan and I'll support you. But we'll have to move the wedding up."

"God I love you!" Jackson said grabbing her for a sweet slow kiss. "We'll get married before I go. I promise."
Fran had tears in her eyes as the car drove away and Charli pulled her close for a quick hug. "What's going on?"
"He's volunteering to go to Vietnam today," Francesca whispered through the tears that started to fall. "It's what he wants, so I won't even try to stop him.  But that doesn't mean I won't be terrified the whole time."
"I'm sorry," Charli sympathized. "You'll come visit while he's gone, to keep yourself busy. You can stay for as long as you want."
"I think that would be fun," Francesca said, wiping the tears away. "Now let's go. We've got to buy some pretty things for you."
"Pretty things?" Charli asked hesitantly. "What do you mean by pretty things?" Did she mean dresses and makeup, or something more personal? The next couple of hours could prove to be interesting.
"Lingerie, underwear, nighties, whatever you want to call them. Things that will make Ethan's jaw drop when he sees you in them. Things that will make him want to get you out of it quicker."
Charli laughed. "I'm not so sure I need to worry about that at this point."
"That may very well be, but it's all part of the game. They like it when you showcase the goods behind lace and ruffles. Take my word for it."
"Okay, I guess," Charli sighed even though she was actually getting excited about what her friend had planned. "I'm going to go home broke, aren't I?"
"I won't let you spend too much," Fran assured, dragging her along. They walked into a little shop with an entrance around the side of a mainstream store. It was wall-to-wall underwear, bras, garters, and negligee. "Wow!" Charli exclaimed. "This is amazing."
"I know! Come on, let's start over there with the sleepwear," she suggested, punctuating the words with air quotes.
Right off the bat, Charli found three babydoll nighties, just like the ones she’d always dreamed of wearing for Ethan, before they switched gears and headed to the lingerie section. "This stuff is kind of sparse," she said pulling a set off the rack. "This says it's my size but I don't see how it would even fit. I'm not stick thin."

Fran giggled. "It's not supposed to cover you up silly. It's supposed to highlight all of that glorious soft flesh you have – that Ethan can't wait to get his hands and mouth on, I might add."

No comments:

Post a Comment