EXCERPT CHAPTER 6 - LOGAN'S LEAP

“Hey Sleeping Beauty,” he said quietly, sitting down on the edge of the bed. She was so peaceful and beautiful. He almost hated to wake her up, but she needed to eat.
Bending slightly closer to her, he reached out to touch her shoulder. The urge to kiss her swept over him and threatened to paralyze him. He couldn’t do it. It wouldn’t be right for either of them. He again reached out and shook her shoulder. “Time for dinner, Sleeping Beauty.”
Jayna stirred and her eyes began to open slowly. “You’re not a very good prince, don’t you know you are supposed to kiss me awake,” she murmured.
Logan’s mouth dropped open and he stared as she sat up and smiled at him.
With no thought to what he was doing, he reached out and pulled her close. His lips crushed hers in a desperate kiss. They dropped to the bed, his body covering hers. No matter what thoughts went through his mind, trying to get him to stop, he was able to easily push them aside.
As his mouth hungrily devoured hers, his hands roamed her upper body. Her flesh was so soft, so pliable beneath his touch. He’d forgotten how wonderful a curvy woman felt beneath his hands. It had been so long.
Jayna gasped as his hand grazed her breast.
“Did I hurt you?” he asked releasing her lips.
“No. Just super sensitive,” she moaned, pulling him back to her. Their lips met again.
Logan could no longer hear his inner voice telling him to stop as his hand maneuvered underneath her bra. The warmth and softness of her skin made him want to scream, but instead he moaned and ran his fingertips gently over her nipple. A single drop of moisture had him chuckling as his hand slid down her stomach over her hip and onto her thigh.
With the lack of skin on skin stimulation, the voices of doubt began to get louder…until Jayna’s delicate hands pulled his shirt free of his slacks and snaked up his abdomen to rest on his chest. He couldn’t breathe but he couldn’t stop kissing her either.
When Jayna’s hands buried in the hair on his chest, teasing the skin beneath he growled, only to have it muted by another kiss. He couldn’t think straight. All he wanted was…her, a woman. For the first time in years he allowed himself to want a specific person in every way possible. Jayna McIntyre. His hand moved from her stomach to her waistband and the minute his fingers breached the barrier, she stopped him.
“No Logan.”
It took him a moment to realize what she’d said as her hand clamped around his wrist.
“I don’t think you want to go there right now,” she chuckled.
Reality came back, crushing him. He lifted himself off of her and sat on the edge of the bed. “What the hell was I thinking? You’ve just given birth and you belong to someone else.”
Jayna sat up abruptly, moving next to him. “First of all, I do not belong to that monster, or anyone! I’ve hated him for years. I was just too scared to leave him. When I got pregnant and he still came after me almost every day, I knew I had to get out. Reginald Sanders hasn’t truly been my boyfriend in years. And second, my just having given birth has nothing to do with anything – except for me not being able to have sex for six weeks after!”
Logan looked at her with a smile. She was definitely a passionate woman and she’d just shot down two of his biggest arguments for staying away from her. “You deserve someone who will treat you right,” he said softly. She had looked down at her clasped hands so he lifted her chin to look into her eyes. “All I could ever give you is the physical. I’m not capable of more. I’m sorry.”
“I never said I want anything more from you, Logan. I’ve never had a good physical relationship with anyone. Maybe that’s all I want when I heal too.”
Logan stood up and pulled her to her feet. “You’d regret it,” he murmured, kissing her forehead. “Let’s head downstairs, the food is getting cold.”

No comments:

Post a Comment