STORMY SEAS - EXCERPT CHAPTER 10

          THIS WILL BE THE FINAL EXCERPT FROM THIS BOOK. LOOK FOR THE RELEASE OF STORMY SEAS ON AUGUST 24, 2013!!!  WE ARE HAVING A GREAT PARTY OVER AT FACEBOOK. PLEASE JOIN US!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/1398844307000020/

            They danced four songs wrapped in each other’s arms before deciding to find a table to rest at. Just as their drinks arrived, Jackson walked up. “Would I be interrupting something if I joined you?” he asked, his voice sounding somewhat melancholy.
           “Sit down little brother.” Abigail invited. “I haven’t seen you in five years and even I know you were just not yourself. What’s going on?”
            “Jackson sighed, “I can’t talk about it yet, but everyone will know soon. And no, I’m not sick or dying or anything bad like that.”
             Abby breathed a sigh of relief. “Well that’s good to know. I hope everything else is okay.”
            "It will be,” her brother answered with a smile. “Now what about you? Why did you lock yourself away from us for five years? We saw you for a half hour at the airport two years ago. You even stopped calling.”
             “Jack don’t,” Sam warned. “She’ll tell you when she can.”
             “It’s okay Sam,” I think I’m ready to try.”
             “Good,” he smiled, taking her hand to offer reassurance.
             “Okay Jack,” she started. “Have you heard of S.A. Mann, the crime thriller author?”
             “Of course I have!” he enthused. “He’s one of my favorite author’s.  I’ve read everything he’s written.”
             Abby chuckled. “Well, he is actually me, and Sam.”
             “Wow. Really?” My big sister is a famous author. How cool is that!”
             Abigail cleared her throat. “Jack when you said you had read everything we’ve written did that include the eBook short stories?”
            "Yeah, of course. I have every story and every book you guys have ever written on my e-reader. Why?”
            “My Personal Horror,” was all she said. It didn’t take her brother long to fill in the blanks. Jack blinked a few times and swallowed hard before he looked up to catch her eye.
             “I’m so sorry Abby. Please tell me some of the story was exaggerated for dramatic effect?”
             “I can’t do that Jack,” she whispered grabbing his shaking hand with hers. That is exactly what happened to me, every last detail.”
             "Oh God. I feel sick," Jackson squeezed her hand and took a few deep breaths. “I’m so sorry for everything I said, for every bad thought I had when you didn’t return my phone calls…”
            “It’s okay Jack. It wasn’t your problem, it was mine. But I’m getting better now.” She sighed. “There is a bit more to the story though.”


**********

           “Jesus Abby, I’m so sorry.”
           “Don’t go there Sam, it’s not your fault.”
           "I know, I just get so angry at that bastard sometimes.”
          “Do you want to see the scars?” she whispered as she started to undress.
          “Yes.”
          “Right here,” she said turning her head and moving her hair aside.
          Sam swallowed down his anger and turned his attention to the scars that Abby pointed out, raining gentle caressing kisses on every one of them, over her entire body.
          “These are no longer places where you have trauma scars, but places where you've been thoroughly loved,” he whispered as he kissed the last scar behind her other ear. 
          “Samuel West,” she murmured with tears in her eyes. “You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I love you more with every breath I take.” 
         “I could say the same Abigail,” he smiled, just before he captured her mouth in a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment