STORMY SEAS EXCERPT - CHAPTER 9

          “Hey, you okay?” Sam asked, noticing the serious look on her face.
           She smiled ”Yeah, I think things are going to be perfect now.”
          “Mmm, I’m glad,” he said, kissing her. “Now go take a shower, lunch is in an hour and I have some phone calls to make myself.”
           “By the way, don’t change yet,” she called as she shut herself in the bathroom. Sam looked down at the towel wrapped round his hips and smiled.
            Abigail hurried through her shower and came out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel. She was carrying a brush. “Oh my God! My hair is so knotted from the wind, how are you with a brush?”
            “I’m actually pretty handy, at least according to my cousin Sonja,” he laughed. “Come over here and sit down.”
            “Abby sat on the loveseat next to Sam and handed him the brush. She sighed as he gently started to work the knots out. “I should probably get it cut now that I’m wearing it down.”
            “That might be an idea. You can have a fresh new look.”
            “Or I could just have you brush my hair for me,” she whispered. “This feels so good.”
            Sam swept her hair to the side and kissed her neck. “That’s an idea too” he whispered back.”
           “Sam, could you…” she sighed.
           “What Abby, what do you want me to do?” he asked turning her to face him. “I need to hear the words Bibi, so I know it's without a doubt what you want.”

**********

            Abigail felt warm breath on her neck and fought down the panic that rose in her throat.
           “It’s just me Abby,” Sam whispered, pulling her close. He felt her let out a shaky breath. “I’m sorry I scared you.”
           “It’s okay, I’m just not used to waking up with a naked man breathing down my neck,” she laughed.
           “Well turn around and I’ll breathe down your front,” he offered. “And anything else you might want me to do.”
            She rolled over in his arms and looked into his eyes.
            He kissed her on the tip of her nose. “I could get used to waking up next to you.”
           “I hope you do,” she whispered.
           “So you're okay?” he asked, running his hand along her side and over her hip.
           “I’m better than okay Sam, I feel so alive!” she enthused. “What we did last night was incredible. I won’t regret it for even a moment.
           “I love you Abigail, so much.”
           “I love you too Sam, now kiss me and let's do it all over again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment