STORMY SEAS - EXCERPT CHAPTER FOUR

         "Whoa! Wait just a minute Abby,” he yelled, grabbing her arm and pulling her back. “What the hell is wrong with you tonight!”
         She slammed into his chest and he saw fear in her eyes. At that moment he didn’t care, it was past time she faced her fears. His lips crushed hers in a kiss and his tongue battled to get inside to explore.
         Over the next couple of minutes Sam felt like the world was moving in slow motion. Abigail’s body froze and she started shaking. She brought her arms up between them and pushed as hard as she could. He went flying backward and when he recovered his balance, Abby was backed up into the far corner of her bed.
         “Leave me alone!” she screamed over and over as Sam rushed to sit at her side.
         “Bibi, it’s me, it’s Sam.”
         “Go away, don’t hurt me,” she whispered desperately. 
         “I would never hurt you. You're my best friend Abby.”
         “Sam?” she murmured, her eyes finally focusing on him.
         “Yeah Bibi, it’s me. Are you okay?”
         “Yeah, it’s just…” She looked away, covering her eyes with her shaking hands.
         “What the hell happened to make you like this?”
         “Nothing!” she yelled.
         “I know something happened to you shortly before my internship started Abby. Please talk to me.”
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1080946
         Her breath came in large heaving gasps. “I can’t. Not you Sam,” she whispered between sobs.
         “Why not me Abby. We're so close and you know you can trust me,” he assured her.
         “But I've fallen in love with you Sam, so there is no way I can.”
         “I'm in love with you too Abby, and that’s the best reason to talk to me.”
         “No!” she cried.
         “Damn it Abigail Christine Mannon." he growled through gritted teeth. "You need to tell me what’s going on. I don’t like being in the dark. I don’t like seeing you hurting and I don’t like being so scared all the damn time.”
         “You won’t love me anymore if I tell you,” she muttered, looking him in the eyes.
         “I will love you Bibi. Nothing could change the feelings that have been building over the last four and a half years.”
         “Just drop it Sam. I can’t and I won’t!” she cried, looking away from him.
         “You can and you will. We'll sit here all night until you talk to me.” He finally knew that this was exactly what Thomas had been talking about earlier and he wasn't backing down. She needed to talk and he needed to listen if they were to have a future together.
         Abigail was quiet for a long time and Sam was looking away from her when she broke the silence.

DON'T FORGET TO VISIT MY BUY PAGE AT THE TOP OR CLICK ON THE FIRST LINK IN THE LEFT HAND COLUMN TO GET YOUR COPY OF VIRGIN VOYAGE OR ALASKAN AMBUSH TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment