STORMY SEAS - EXCERPT CHAPTER 2

       
  “So what’s with this Abby?” Jackson asked, flicking the bun in her hair. “Never knew you to be a tight ass.”
          “It’s just easier Jackass hole,” she answered. “And it looks professional.”
          “It looks uptight and boring Abby,” Jackson whispered in her ear right before he lovingly kissed her cheek. "I missed you."
          She shot him a smile then started looking for Sam again. The minute he walked into view her heart started thudding and she felt her face flush with heat.
          “That must be the famous assistant, Sam.” Thomas claimed elbowing his best friend.
          Jackson looked from Abby to Thomas and then over to the handsome six foot one inch tall blond man walking toward them. “Do you have a thing for your assistant Abby?” He sounded like a mischievous child, which almost always meant trouble.
          “Thomas answered for her when she seemed to ignore her brother. “She does my friend, and from what I understand, he's a younger man. Your sister’s a cougar!”
          “I hear you guys,” she warned “and you'd better shut up before he gets close or it will be wet willies all around.” Memories of her favorite past time when they were kids came rushing back and she smiled. Any way she could find to torture her annoying little brother and his equally annoying best friend had been a favorite activity.
          “I told you I would make it Bibi,” Sam said, giving her a hug. “So now you'll have to find a different excuse to fire me.”
          Abigail smiled and returned his hug. “Your job is safe,” she claimed. “For now!”
          “Hey mom and dad,” she called to them. “I want you to meet Sam.”
          The older couple turned around and welcomed him warmly to their family vacation. Abigail couldn't help but have the thought that the poor sucker didn’t know what he was getting himself into.
          “And this,” Abigail declared reluctantly “Is my little brother, Jackson and my honorary little brother, Thomas.”
           Both men took turns shaking Sam’s hand.
          “It’s great to meet you both, Abby’s told me so much about you,” Sam offered.
          “Uh oh, she’s told you about us?” Thomas groaned.
          “That can’t be good,” Jackson stated. “Don’t believe half of what she said.”
          “Yeah, the good half,” Thomas joked.
          “What good half?” Sam deadpanned. Everyone, including Abigail laughed. That wasn't usual for her and Sam had to keep himself from staring.
           “So you’re just her assistant right?” Jackson asked in his big brother voice.
           “Or does she give you wet willies and wedgies like she used to give us?” Thomas asked.
           Abigail felt a deep blush creep up her face. “Oh my God you guys, will you just shut the hell up!”
           They didn’t’ have much choice as everyone was asked to quiet down and pay attention. Abigail breathed a silent sigh of relief.
           When there was a break in the evacuation informational lecture, Sam leaned over and whispered in her ear. “Why did I not know we were sharing a cabin?”
          “What!” she cried just a bit too loudly?
          “Your carry-on was in my cabin when I dropped mine off,” he whispered. “I thought I was sharing with your brother and Thomas.”
          “So did I,” she bit out between clenched teeth. “And I thought I was sharing with my sister Mari.”
           Abigail was not happy. There was no way she could share a room with Sam. Her hands wouldn't stop shaking and she had an almost overwhelming urge to flee over the side of the ship. If the drill didn’t end soon, she just might do that.

DON'T FORGET TO VISIT MY BUY PAGE AT THE TOP OR CLICK ON THE FIRST LINK IN THE LEFT HAND COLUMN TO GET YOUR COPY OF VIRGIN VOYAGE OR ALASKAN AMBUSH TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment