STORMY SEAS - EXCERPT CHAPTER 6

          Thomas tugged on her braid the same way he had when they were younger. “You’re alive Abby, therefore you are the bravest woman I’ve ever known.”
          “He’s right,” Sam agreed. “You stopped living your life Bibi, but you never once even contemplated not living anymore. That took courage.”
          Abby’s focus zeroed in only on Sam and she smiled, tears shining in her eyes. “Because I always hoped that there was something worth living for. That someday I would be able to participate in life again.”
           Sam leaned forward momentarily resting his forehead on hers. “I know," he said softly. He pulled back, looking into her eyes. "Every single day of the last few years I did everything in my power to let you know that there is so much out there to live for. I needed you to live Abby, for you, and for me because I loved you. I thought I’d lost the battle, I thought you would be locked away inside yourself forever. And here you are, learning to live your life again. God Sweetheart, please don’t let what happened last night destroy that,” he begged softly.
          “I’m so sorry Sam.” Abigail stopped speaking as tears clogged her voice.
          A feeling of dread spread through every inch of him. She was about to tell him that she was sorry but she couldn't move past what she’d found out.
         “Don’t look like that!" she reached out to gently touch his cheek. "I’m trying to say that I’m so sorry I ever doubted you. I love you and I owe you so much.” Her breath was shaky but sure as she continued. “Nothing matters except that I love you. What happened last night should never have been an issue. Please forgive me.”
          “There’s nothing to forgive Bibi. We just move forward. Together.” He kissed her forehead, still determined to tread slowly, to let her adjust to the new things happening to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment