ALASKAN AMBUSH - EXCERPT CHAPTER 7

          Vanessa and Thomas had about three hours alone and Olivia was getting tired so Jackson decided to go back to his own cabin, or maybe out to the bar. He couldn’t help but say one final thing on the subject of Alex before he left though. “It breaks my heart that I didn’t get the chance to fight for my one true love, sis. It also breaks my heart that you refuse to fight for yours because you’re scared and have a warped sense of what life needs to be like. Wake up Liv, and fight for him before it’s too late.” He kissed her on the forehead and was gone.
          What Jackson said was meant to be a big revelation for her, but their previous conversation about her townhouse and about wanting to see him as a dad had brought back some of her resolve to keep with her current lifestyle. She had a life she was proud of! Didn’t she?
           Her twin's advice did have merit though. What if she really did hate her life and she lost Alex again? Could she ever find true happiness? Would she want to? Her resolve started to wane again.
           Great! She suddenly felt like crying. It seemed she was getting more and more confused with each hour that passed. Another shower was out of the question, so crawling under the covers would have to do.
           Just as she was dozing off her phone rang. She saw Alex’s name come across the caller ID.“Hello Alex.”
          “Hello Olivia, how are you? You don't sound so good.”
          “I’m not sure,” she answered. “I’m still so confused and sad, and it seems like my family and my overworked mind are just making it worse.”
          “I’m sorry sweetheart, I wish I could help, but I won’t push you in either direction. Just know that I’m here for you, always.”
           “Thank you, Alex.”
           “I’m going to let you get some sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow morning. Okay?”
           “Okay Alex. I miss you.”
           “I miss you too.”
            Olivia hung up the phone and sat up in bed waiting for the text she knew would come. Five minutes later it did. It said, “I still love you,” and she was able to lie back down and cry herself to sleep.

DON'T FORGET TO VISIT MY BUY PAGE AT THE TOP OR CLICK ON THE FIRST LINK IN THE LEFT HAND COLUMN TO GET YOUR COPY OF VIRGIN VOYAGE OR ALASKAN AMBUSH TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment