ALASKAN AMBUSH - EXCERPT CHAPTER 10

          Olivia figured it was finally time to tell her siblings because they would be heading back to Nevada the next day and she wouldn’t. She wanted to start with Abigail. Her sister had finally started to relax a bit and have some fun and Olivia wanted to spend a bit more time with her.
           She knocked on Abby’s door hoping she wouldn't be interrupting a love session between her sister and Sam. Charlotte’s plan seemed to be well on its way to working for the pair too. But when her sister opened the door to let her in, Olivia’s heart fell. Abby had her hair back in the tight bun she always used to wear, and her face was blotchy and red. She'd been crying. 
          “Oh sweetie,” Olivia cried out. “What’s wrong? Trouble with Sam?”
           Abigail nodded and ushered Olivia inside. “I broke it off with him.”
           “Oh Abby. Why?” Olivia asked. “You guys seemed so good together.”
           “We are, or were, but I’m just too messed up inside to make him happy. So I set him free.”
           Olivia grabbed Abigail’s arms and forced her to look in her eyes. “ Shouldn't he be the one to decide if you are too messed up for him?”
           “ I'm just saving him time and trouble Livia,” she cried.
           “Again Abby, that should be Sam’s choice.” Olivia took her sister’s hand and led her to the loveseat. “I guess I'm just seeing things differently these days. Alex and I are back together and I’m moving to Ketchikan. We are proof that love is powerful and can overcome so much. Please give it a chance.”
           Abigail looked thoughtfully at her baby sister. “ I've had feelings for him pretty much since we started working together and it was the same for him. But there is so much in my past that makes this so hard, so much that no one but Sam knows about.”
           Olivia couldn't imagine what her sister was talking about. She couldn't remember anything bad ever happening to Abigail. Although her personality did change drastically a few years back.
           “Fight hard sis, fight hard  together through the bad and only good will come from it.” 
           “ I've been fighting for years Livia. I’m tired. I don’t know how much more I can take,” Abigail whispered.
           “My God, Abby, what happened to you?” Olivia wondered.
           “I still can't talk about it Liv. Someday I will, but I’m not ready yet. Please don’t push it.”
           “Of course I won’t. But please let Sam help you fight whatever battle you are dealing with. Two are so much stronger than one.”
           “Maybe,” Abigail mouthed in response.

No comments:

Post a Comment