EXCERPT CHAPTER 2 - DYLAN'S DESIRE

Hey, hey everybody! It's time for another excerpt...or two small ones in this case.  I really hope you are enjoying getting to know Dylan, Nicoletta and their wonderful families. 

“Good morning sunshine,” Nicoletta chirped. “Are you happy to see me this time?

Dylan’s eyes flew open. “To tell you the truth, yes,” he replied with a grin. “Right now I’d be happy to see anyone.”

“You are such a jerk. You do know that, right?” She would love for him to be happy just because she was in the room.

“Yes I am,” he replied in mock seriousness. “I really am happy to see you today though.”

“You are?” she asked, surprised. Now they were getting somewhere. Maybe, just maybe…

“Of course I am. My mom comes up with you,” he said with a sneer. “If you’re here, then so is she.”

Nicoletta glared. “You…you…you jackass!” she stammered. “If you weren’t laid up, I would make sure you soon were.” Just when she thought she could finally find out how he was feeling about her, he had to turn around and act like a jerk.

“Promise?” he asked. “I think I might like it if you laid me up.”

“Oh, I can promise you wouldn’t,” she stated with an evil grin, waving her fist in the air. Because I would stick this so far up your…”

“There’s my boy, Evelyn Harper said as she entered the room. “Son, why are you looking at Nicoletta like that?”

“It’s because he loves me,” she said shyly. “He can’t help himself.” One of these days, Mrs. Harper was going to walk in at just the wrong time…

“Yeah, I love you like I’d love a rabid wolverine eating my co…”

“Dylan behave,” Evelyn demanded. “Mind your manners.”

“Yes ma’am, Dylan responded with a smile.

As Nicoletta was exiting the room, she half turned to her childhood friend. When she saw him looking, she put three fingers to her lips and kissed them. As his eyes widened, she quickly slapped herself on the ass.

Dylan grimaced as he heard her laughter trailing down the hall. “That bit…I mean woman will be the bane of my existence forever,” he said, shaking his head. “She is the biggest tease!”

“Oh quit your whining. You sound like you’re three again,” Evelyn said with a laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



It was good to see Dylan’s spirits coming back. He was more like his old self this week. Nicoletta briefly smiled as she thought about him actually kissing her ass. The look in his eyes had been perfect when she made the motions. He definitely still wanted her, but he just wouldn’t admit it. Why did he have to be such a womanizer?

“Nicoletta dear, I just saw about three or four emotions cross your face,” Evelyn said as they walked out of the hospital. “What are you thinking about?”

“I bet it’s your son,” Evangeline chuckled. “He seems to still have that effect on her.”



“Keep it up you two and you’ll be walking back to Harper’s Rock,” Nicoletta warned, half serious.

The two older women laughed with each other like a couple of school girls. Nicoletta just shook her head and walked faster. The urge to leave them there and drive home alone was almost too hard to ignore but in the end, she stopped and waited for them to catch up. Half way home she realized she should have given in to the urge. They did nothing but tease her the whole time. They were in such a teasing mood that she didn’t realize until they had dropped Evelyn off at her ranch, what Dylan had done to his mother that day. She couldn’t help but think that her old friend was dealing with demons of his own now. Too bad he’d had to take it out on his sweet mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment