EXCERPT CHAPTER 6 - RUSSELL'S RETURN

Hi there! We have one regular excerpt and one small one for Chapter 6! Enjoy!




Emily laughed. “Wow, I can see why you were scarred.” Her look suddenly turned serious. “What’s your biggest mistake Russell?” With every minute, Emily was more and more interested in this intriguing man. If he thought walking in on his brother having sex was the second biggest mistake of his life, she couldn’t wait to hear what the biggest was.

“I’ll tell you when we get to your house,” he said opening the car door for her. Russell was plotting a scene out in his head as he winked at her. He was going to do something that he would probably regret for the rest of his life. But because of how Emily had dealt with Miranda, he had a newfound appreciation for the woman sitting next to him. She was brilliant and sexy and beautiful. And he had been completely alone for too long. He craved her company, he needed her closeness, just for a little while.

“Pleeeeease tell me,” Emily begged, batting her eyelashes.

“I think I like it when you beg,” he confessed, a slight smirk crossing his face. Damn she was sexy when she begged. Oh how he desperately wished it was for something other than information.



**********

Russell pulled up to the cottage and turned the engine off. “May I walk you in?”

“I’d like that,” Emily said softly as she reached for the door handle. Harper boys were always gentlemen and it was nice to see he hadn’t lost that quality to the city.

“Whoa, hold on a minute,” he said, rushing out of the vehicle and over to the passenger side. He opened the door and held his hand out to her.

“Thank you,” she murmured with a smile. She expected him to let go of her hand as soon as she was out of the seat, but he didn’t. The feeling of his large warm hand enveloping her small one felt good. It felt right. “I appreciate the ride.”

“It was my pleasure,” he returned softly as he opened the picket gate for her.

Emily stepped through and turned to him. “We’re at my house, you can tell me what that biggest mistake was.”

Russell raised an eyebrow at her. “You remembered.”

“Yeah. I have a very good memory,” she said with a sly grin. “So spill it.”

“Invite me in and I’ll tell you,” he returned with his own sly grin.”

Emily tugged his hand, pulling him up the walkway. She pulled the key out of her pocket and unlocked the door. As soon as he stepped through, Russell spun Emily around and planted a kiss on her irresistible pouty lips. At first she welcomed the intrusion, but after a moment she pulled away. “I know what you’re doing, Russell. Tell me your biggest mistake then we can kiss all you want.”

He sighed and looked into her eyes. Immediately he knew she wouldn’t budge on the idea. “Okay, let’s sit and I’ll tell you. But please save all of your judgments until I’m done talking.”

“Of course,” she murmured, pulling him over to the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Her hand reached up to touch his cheek.

His gaze moved up and their eyes met. “You shouldn’t have done that,” he growled.

“What? This?” she asked, reaching up to touch his face with her other hand.

“Yeah,” he breathed. “That.” Their lips met in an all-consuming desperate kiss.

Russell’s hands found their way to Emily, slowly trailing up and down her sides. Shivers raced through her taut body, and a deep moan escaped her lips as they broke apart. “You like that, I take it?”

“You could say that,” she replied with a smile. Pulling back slightly, she lifted her blouse up and over her head...

No comments:

Post a Comment