EXCERPT CHAPTER 12- RUSSELL'S RETURN

Here is the excerpt from Chapter 12! I hope you enjoy it. I'm thinking there will only be two more excerpts for this book...but there are still two books in the series to come! I'll have more later.  Thanks for reading!

MY VISION OF RUSSELL

“Thanks Russell. I’ll see you around.” She turned to walk away and then turned back. “By the way, I saw Chuck Peters earlier. He’s looking for you.”
“Thanks Sarah.” Russell’s body felt like it was on fire. Now that he had confirmation that his former best friend was indeed an asshole, he didn’t want to see him. His temper was short where Emily was concerned. He felt so protective of her. Jesus, when had he become such an alpha male?
...

MY VISION OF EMILY

“Well…well, if it isn’t my former best friend with my nasty leftovers.”
Russell and Emily stopped short and looked up. Chuck Peters was swaying in front of them. It was obvious he was drunk. If rumor held true, they’d heard it was his normal state these days.
“You better watch what you say, man,” Russell ground out. “If I would have known what you did to her in high school, I would have kicked your ass then.”
“You’re soft now man,” Chuck slurred. “You couldn’t take candy from a baby. The city has made you weak.”
“I’ll show you just how week I am, you nasty son of a bitch,” Russell snarled, taking a single step forward.
“Hey now,” came a voice from behind them. “Now’s not the time or the place to teach that jackass a lesson.” Jim Roberts, one of Russell’s other close friends from high school, and now Sarah’s husband, walked over and grabbed his arm. “Calm down buddy. That asshole isn’t worth the attention from the Sheriff.”
Russell blew out a breath and relaxed his stance. “Get on out of here,” he hollered at Chuck.
“Yeah, go on home and sleep it off,” Jim seconded. “Don’t make me go get the others.”

Chuck stared at them for a moment then swaggered past, mumbling something about high school. As he walked past Emily, her foot may or may not have moved out in front of him. Whatever happened, he ended up face first in a relatively fresh pile of horse mess. He pulled himself upright and headed to the exit as if nothing had happened. Sarah had already contacted the Sheriff’s Department to make sure he was picked up before he could get into his car.

No comments:

Post a Comment