EXCERPT CHAPTER 3 - BREAKING FREE



NEW EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER 3 OF BREAKING FREE



From the way Spencer left, it was obvious that he didn’t want to be friends and that hurt. And now I’d have to spend three months in close quarters with him knowing that our fifteen years of friendship was just a joke to him.

“Hey, can we talk?”

“Isn’t it a bit late for that?” I said turning away from where he stood.

“Come on, man. Please.”

The hurt in his voice nearly strangled me but the thought of talking to him was worse. “Please just leave me alone.”

When he sighed in defeat and sat on his bed facing away from me, I finally relaxed a little. My uncle coming into the room destroyed that small amount of peace.

“Hey guys, it’s dinner time and you’re not skipping any meal on my watch.”

I struggled up and jumped from my bunk. I wasn’t hungry but I would humor my uncle. “I’ll go find Elliot.”

“Now wait a minute, Zay. For now, at least, you and Spencer will be eating meals together. I need to know you are at least capable of being civil to each other so you don’t ruin the camp experience for everyone around you.”

“Seriously, Uncle Tucker? I think you watched The Parent Trap one too many times as a kid.”

A chuckle came from across the room and I looked to see Spencer smiling at me. We’d each watched both versions of the movie a time or two ourselves. Would putting the two fighting kids together all the time work in our case or was it just movie magic? If my old friend kept laughing at my jokes and smiling at me with his cute dimples, it just might. And since when had the word cute come to mind when I saw those deep recesses in his cheeks?

PRE ORDER HERE: https://amzn.to/2UPZBFE

No comments:

Post a Comment