EXCERPT CHAPTER 4 - LETTING GO

Here's a new excerpt for you. The day to day of a couple building something together amidst the problems of real life. Enjoy! Pre-order today  Other Retailers   Amazon


“Are your kids always this loud so early in the morning?” Trevor murmured as he sank back into JC’s arms.
“Only when Ben has a girl he’s interested in. He hogs the bathroom.”
“I guess we should get up huh?”
“But I don’t want to,” JC whispered in his ear. “I want to take another shower.”
Trevor laughed and moved out of his embrace when there was a knock on the door. “I’m going to escape to the bathroom while you talk to your son.” With a quick kiss, he grabbed his jeans and disappeared through the door.
“Come in, Michael.”
The door creaked opened and the young man stepped in and looked around. “Is everyone decent?”
JC smiled at his son. “Yeah. Trevor’s in the bathroom. What’s up?”
“We seriously need to get a new house! Ben and I need our own bathrooms before we kill each other…at least when he has a girlfriend.”
“We’re not getting a new house so that you and your brother won’t fight. You just need to learn to share.”
“I’m willing,” Michael huffed. “But he has to have every hair in place and every seam perfect. I’m barely able to keep from peeing myself in the morning.”
“Alright…I have an idea.” JC got out of bed, grateful that he’d put on his pajama bottoms after the shower. Walking to the other side of the house, he stood outside the kids’ bathroom and smacked the door twice. “Out of the bathroom now, kiddo. Meet me in my room, we need to talk.”
By the time JC got back to his room, Trevor was out of the bathroom and chatting with Michael about his art. The boy was showing him his latest masterpiece. “Your son has major talent.”
“He does…just like his father. The drawings out in the hallway were all Ben’s.”
“I’ll look at them again when I run out to my car and get the spare clothes I keep there.”
“You keep spare clothes in your car?” Ben asked as he walked into the room.
“Yeah, as a pediatrician you don’t know when you will be vomited on or pooped on. It’s best to keep a few outfits spread out between the office and the car. I’ll be right back.”
Ben sat down on the bed and looked up at his father. “So, why did you want to see me? I was in the middle of something important.”
“Yeah, probably wanking off,” Michael murmured.
With a warning look at his artistic son, JC turned to Ben. “We need to talk about you hogging the bathroom. You need to share evenly with your brother.” Of all the things to have to come down on one of his kids for! “I’m sure everything you do in there doesn’t need to be done in the bathroom. Can’t you do some of it in your room?”

“But I need a mirror, Dad,”
“Don’t whine at me, boy. We’ll get you a full-length mirror to put on your closet door. Would that help?”
Ben looked at Michael and smiled. “Sure Dad. I think that will work. Can we go now? I want to finish getting ready.”

“Yeah, but use my bathroom. Give your brother a chance in yours. I’m going to go fix breakfast.”

No comments:

Post a Comment