EXCERPT CHAPTER 17 - DYLAN'S DESIRE

Well, it is that time...excerpts are getting harder to find without giving away too much of the story so this will be the last one from Dylan's Desire. I had to skip quite a few chapters to even find this one. I hope you enjoy and stay tuned for Dylan's Desire's release and excerpts from Fate's Encore! 




Why hadn’t he told her? She had thought it was all her fault, that she wasn’t a good nurse anymore. And then another realization hit her. A realization that cut right through her heart. God, he must have thought that maybe she had actually done it. How could he think that though? She loved him so much and he should know that she would never do anything like that to him. Never!

“I know I lied to you,” Dylan explained after seeing the multitude of emotions cross her face. “I had to see your reaction after I recovered so I could prove to the doctor that you weren’t responsible.”

“Bull shit! You are a fucking asshole! I can’t believe you. How could you make me believe that I wasn’t doing my job properly,” she cried. “I thought I had failed you, that I had nearly killed you! She stood up and started to pace. “And I guarantee you had to prove to yourself that I hadn’t done it…not the doctor.”

“I’m sorry, Nic. I know it was wrong to make you think you had done something wrong…But I never once doubted that you weren’t involved.”

She was seething. Her teeth were clenched so tightly she thought they might break. “Sorry? You’re sorry? You put me on an emotional roller coaster. And all you can say is sorry?” At this point she would give him the benefit of the doubt that he had believed she wasn’t involved. There was too much history to truly believe anything else. But the rest, a true friend would never make her feel inadequate at the job she loved. “I can’t comprehend this. I thought maybe you had changed but I guess you never will. I’m just another piece of ass to get into your bed. Make poor Nic feel bad and she’ll come crawling to you for comfort.”

“No Nic. Really, it isn’t like that at all…”

“Bullshit!” she screamed, cutting him off. “All women are nothing more to you than somewhere to put your dick, you fucking piece of shit. Well, congratulations, you finally got to fuck me even if it wasn’t exactly like you always wanted.”

Dylan stood stock still, but was shaking inside. How could he fix this? “Nic Please…”

“No! Don’t even. You…you…I fucking hate you and I never want to see you again,” she snarled. “Tell your mom I quit!”

Nicoletta grabbed her purse and walked out, slamming the door behind her.

Dylan stood there in silence until he watched her drive away. Slowly turning from the window, he headed back to the couch and slumped down onto the cushions. He pulled out his phone and slowly dialed the newly familiar number. When the voicemail picked up he could barely whisper. “I’m so sorry Nicoletta. I never meant to hurt you. Please call me. I…I. Please.” He’d almost said the love word, but just couldn’t. If he said it and they couldn’t work things out…It was too painful to even think about. Was that it now? Did he love her as more than his best friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment