ANOTHER EXCERPT! CHAPTER 3

     Mari didn’t realize that Graham had followed her until she felt his hand on her arm. Damn, she couldn’t let him see her cry! She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction, so she just stood there watching the waves gently bob up and down against the side of the ship. “What do you want Graham?”
Our actual Alaskan cruise :)
     “I just wanted to make sure you were okay,” he said gently, putting his hands on her shoulders. “I didn’t mean to be so rude, I just...”
     Her heart betrayed her when that familiar need worked it’s way through her body. Not just physical, but the need to be a part of him. She was so angry at her body, her heart and at Graham that she didn’t care if he saw the tears now. He took a step back when she turned on him, her eyes blazing. “What do you care Graham, you made it perfectly clear three months ago, and then again about five minutes ago, that you don’t care. Remember?” The pain of that day in April, of hearing the words - I think we should get the annulment, we’ve accomplished what we set out to do - was still fresh in her mind. She turned away from him and out of habit he rested his hands on her shoulders again.
     “I can’t let myself fall in love again Mari. I’m so sorry.” He took a deep breath. “But it doesn’t mean that I don’t care. I do care - a lot.” He rested his chin on the top of her head like he used to do in the past. Old habits obviously die hard. ”You are the best friend I’ve ever had. And the only woman I’ve...the only woman I’ve wanted in years,” he reluctantly admitted in a whisper as he pulled away from her.

DON'T FORGET TO VISIT MY BUY PAGE AT THE TOP OR CLICK ON THE FIRST LINK IN THE LEFT HAND COLUMN TO GET YOUR COPY OF VIRGIN VOYAGE OR ALASKAN AMBUSH TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment